- Potty and wash up: 10-20 minutes
- Bedtime story: 10-20 minutes
- Say good nights to everyone: varies depending on who has tackled whom to the ground
- Each parent ushers one child into their respective bedrooms: 10 seconds to 5 minutes
- Set the mood (lights off, sip of water, kid tucked in snugly): 2-10 minutes
- Maxon fast asleep: 1-10 minutes
- Cooper exits room for some ridiculous reason and needs some kind of tending to: every 90 seconds
Once steps 1-7 are completed, the routine is still not quite over yet. Obviously wired from his tiptoeing in and out of bed, he often needs to wind himself down. Armed with a butterfly flashlight, Cooper reads a few pages from his favorite books.